Chi-Hsun_Unit4_Jenkins_I
The author, Henry, suggests that if game designers are going to tell stories, they should tell them well. In order to do that, game designers should need to enhance their abilities in computer science or graphic design. I agree with his viewpoint because I think designers should retool their knowledge frequently in order to innovate suitable programs and games for players. In addition, I think it is the way to catch rapid steps of new innovations!


1 Comments:
It's funny that everybody in the industry talks about innovation, but very few take the chance. Games are getting more expenisve to produce, and development times are getting longer. The resulting pressure to perform and sell is overwhelming to most designers, what with small and medium size game development companies going out of buisness in scores. It seems that the only way to stay afloat is to rely on proven formulas and make sequels to whatever has worked in the past. There are still opportunities for little innovations and improvements over previous versions, but the gameplay doesn't change much on a whole.
Post a Comment
<< Home