Friday, March 11, 2005

DC_Unit 8_Montfort

I really wanted to talk about Montfort but I'm not really sure I know what IF's are? I do however, now what games are or at least think I do. To me a game is play structured by rules, with an objective or goal in mind. A simulation game like the Sims has structure but the goal or objective is determined by the user. When you first start, that goal is basically survival. From there it goes to satisfying needs and eventually you need to come up with a work or domestic goal. There's not a winner in this type of game so a contest isn't really the right choice of word for game as Montfort put it. I will say that most games are contests, with winners but as in the case of The Sims not every game is a contest. Therefore I doubt all IF's are contests, but I imagine all IFs are games of sorts. It can be played with, it has structured rules and there is an objective or goal for the reader/user.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home