Marty_7__Vesna_Q
I liked Vesna's analogies to life during her concept about tensegrity. I found some of the historical background about DNA, Black Mountain College, etc. interesting, but also, I felt like she was trying to condense a book into a chapter. It made some of the historical backdrop turn into tangents.
It seems to me her inspiration was Donald E. Ingber's claim about discovering universal building principles that guide the design of organic structures (254). I think this is a really interesting starting ground, and I had not thought of computer networks as organic structures. But do you really think that there are a universal set of building principles to all organic structures? I would think that biology and chemistry fields would be greatly reduced if this were the case. I think there are some loose universal principles, but I don't think it can be boiled down to clean cut 1s and 0s.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home