Monday, February 14, 2005

Ben - Strickland

Strickland's Nested Associativity interests the painter in me.

“stopped in our tracks, caught in a kind of pleasurable stutter and thrown back to rescan the whole field…” 186

I believe the popularity of games like Tetris, and Myst, such as it is, results from “the feat of keeping us in motion from one view/read cusp to the next." This goes to the heart of my interest in abstract art, and I believe I may have on offer some potentially interesting seeds for visual/hyper-textual material.

Has anyone else seen faces in the trees?

The Painted Word, by Tom Wolfe dates this phenomena to Dada in the early twenties, Abstract Expressionism in the late 40’s early 50’s with Clement Greenberg and Jackson Pollock, and into the 60’s and 70’s with Larry Rivers, Jasper Johns, Robert Rauschenberg, and of course Andy Warhol. I'll bring pictures if anyone is interested...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home